Exploring The World Of Blur

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Update On The Blur Engine

So after working on this that and the other for the core mechanics of Blur I have come to one conclusion-many paths lead to one end. In other words, I'm not going to try and re-invent the wheel. Use whatever engine you like. I will be providing links to some to get you started but use whatever engine you feel works best with Blur. My roots go back to the old AD&D 3d6 concepts while I've always wanted to design around a d100 percentile system. Some of you may be fans of d20. It really doesn't matter. A case can be made for a dice-less system as well. It's whatever you feel you can best apply to the situation. The core mechanics are not the essence of Blur. The play is the thing, as an old bard would tell us. The Blur concept is about radical design and game play, not mechanics. I will offer a set of guidelines (like if you jump off a 10 story building you die-i.e. real world physics). But at the end of the day the core is up to you. I hope everyone shares their experiences using whatever engine they choose. It might help someone who is struggling to get just that right amount of mix of game mechanics vs.playability.

No comments:

Post a Comment