Exploring The World Of Blur

Monday, February 8, 2010

Patches

At 6:15am this morning my wife woke me from a coma like sleep screaming there was something wrong with Patches, our cat who had appeared ill yesterday and was checked out by a vet and found to be in 'perfect health'.

My wife rushed him to a vet and at 8:15 I got the call he had passed, due to some undetected heart defect he had been born with.He was only 10 months old.

Words cannot express the impact this has had on our life. Raised from the day he was born by us and nurtured along with his baby sister his loss in our family will reverberate through the days and weeks to come. He was a little dynamo that kept a room powered even when he slept.

My head hurts and I have a hole punched through my stomach. We have to get his sister tested because it is a genetic defect and she may be dying as well.

I hope to keep my mind occupied but if you don't see a posting or a return email know that I am here, just trying to piece things back together.

Until then, go tell every living thing you care about that you love them and give them a hug.

Goodbye Patches-you will not be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment